2013 is but a few weeks away and it is time for everyone to reflect on the year gone by and look ahead to another brand new start. It is also a time for New Year resolutions to be made (and hopefully kept!).
Here are some New Year business resolutions we think that you need to make (and keep!) for your 2013 marketing strategy!
1. IMPROVE YOUR WEB SITE DESIGN: Whether it is the year 2000 or the year 2013, your web site is still all important. It doesn’t matter if you have one product or many,having a great web site design that is customer-focused and easy to navigates of great value. As a book is judged by its cover, your brand will be judged by your web site.
2. CREATE QUALITY CONTENT: With Google’s Panda and Penguin updates, quantity has been dethroned by quality. Now, more than ever, your content has to be fresh, relevant, and high in customer satisfaction. Black hat techniques like keyword stuffing or inserting unrelated text will not work anymore. Don’t ignore the smart phone user either; optimize your content for the ever-increasing mobile market.
3. INVEST IN REAL TIME MARKETING: This is the age of instant gratification. Engaging with your customers instantly through social platforms like Facebook and Twitter will only make your brand value grow. The approachability of your brand will make you stand out amongst the competition, so improve your social media presence.
4. CHANGE YOUR SEO STRATEGY: Social and content are set to play a bigger role in SEO in the year ahead. With Google+’s phenomenal growth, the stage is set for social media to heavily influence search engine results. Also, keyword stuffing is out and keyword relevance is in.
5. GEOTARGET: What good is it if your brand does not attract local business? Make sure you reach your intended audience by geotargeting your Facebook status updates and tweets. You can also use mobile-targeted sites like Foursquare to ensure the locals know you are in town.
Here’s looking at the year ahead and wishing you and your brand every kind of marketing success in 2013!